Josh Hutcherson | Seventeen Magazine - Nov. ‘13
"I was young. It was just the kind of shit that actresses have to go through. Somebody told me I was fat, that I was going to get fired if I didn’t lose a certain amount of weight. They brought in pictures of me where I was basically naked, and told me to use them as motivation for my diet. It was just that. [Someone brought it up recently] They thought that because of the way my career had gone, it wouldn’t still hurt me. That somehow, after I won an Oscar, I’m above it all. ‘You really still care about that?’ Yeah. I was a little girl. I was hurt. It doesn’t matter what accolades you get. I know it’ll never happen to me again. If anybody even tries to whisper the word ‘diet’, I’m like, ‘You can go fuck yourself."
Josh Hutcherson for Seventeen Magazine
"I like to have fun and experiment and only recently in the past year and a half, I’ve started to try being a bit edger…not overtly sexy, because I would never do that, but a classy refined version of sexy, just a bit older."
I know it sounds weird and creepy but it’s the truth. I won’t try to scare anyone. I just want to see who will be there, who will cry and who will regret a lot of things. I wonder if the people I care about care about me too because most of them don’t show it while I am still alive so I need to know what will happen. I also wonder how would some people react to it… Like would they wish that my life could be anymore longer? I don’t know. I just wanted to know.
That random guy you see in bookstores.
When you look at him, you don’t expect yourself to believe that he’s actually a guy who’d prefer to stay at home to read his books in his bed and think of the girl he would want to read with. You never thought that he’s into the magical world of books because you haven’t known the real him yet. He loves to read. He really does. He loves how some books make him think like it’s the biggest mystery in the world. He likes how every chapter is making him feel excited that he wouldn’t stop reading until the very last page.
He’s just a random guy you see in bookstores. You don’t notice him most of the times because you think a guy like him is boring but try to talk to him in a different and gentle manner and he will leave you breathless with his astounding words and wits. You just can’t get enough of guys like him for they always sweep you off your feet with their words and stories because of these books they fall in love with.
- Him: Hey!
- Her: Hey! Where have you been?
- Him: Just somewhere. Hey! I missed you.
- Her: Yeah. Missed you too!
- Him: Hey! I gotta tell you something! :)
- Her: What? *excited*
- Him: I met this girl...
- Her: Oh. Let me guess, she has the perfect hair again. She has that kissable lips. She's smart. She's the girl of your dreams. She's so perfect like a model. You keep on telling me that every time you met a girl and all they do is break your heart. What's with you and you let that happen to yourself because of these girls who don't even know who you really are? They don't have any idea how much love you deserve.
- Him: Oh. So you know how much love I deserve?
- Her: I do. I do know because I've been loving you for ages and all you do is fall for girls who won't really love you back.
- Him: I was about to tell you a girl I met a decade ago and how I am falling in love for her for the past few months and now she's here admitting that she actually loves me.